Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas Countdown - Day #4

December 4 - Christmas music is something that makes me so happy. The simplicity and purity is heartwarming. I own 2 Christmas music CD's, one I just bought because the other one is packed away on the storage trailer.

My love of Christmas music is relatively pure. I'm not a fan of classics being reworked by today's contemporary artists of any genre. I'm not saying I wont listen, but I very much prefer the older versions of Christmas classics.

A few of my favorites, in no particular order:

  • White Christmas
  • Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
  • Silent Night
  • Little Drummer Boy
  • Home for Christmas
  • It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
  • Do You Hear What I Hear?

Do you have a favorite Christmas song?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love almost all Christmas music. I don't mind listening to modern artists singing them but I prefer when they stick close to the original.

Velda said...

I have 3 faves

What Child is This

Adeste Fideles (In latin, yes I know ever word! - the only latin I know lol)

and

Trisha Yearwood's "It wasn't his child"

Pumpkin said...

I'm with you on this one Tammy. I love the older version. I remember playing them on the record player. The Little Drummer Boy is the first one that comes to mind :o)